Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Top Five Reasons You Should Love Lena Dunham


For those of you that don’t know who Lena Dunham is, shame on you. That is unless you are over 30. Irresponsible twenty something is pretty much her middle name. She is more recently known for producing and starring in the HBO series Girls. She’s also done some lesser done work like her movie tiny furniture which is a condensed version of her show.

Ok here we go, the top five reasons you should love Lena Dunham:

1.       She portrays being a twenty something to a T in her work.

Never have I seen a more spot production as I have in Girls and Tiny Furniture. While every other movie and show is glamourizing your twenties and how great it is to be young and single, she is showing the true raw emotions of what we go through on a daily basis. I have had so many moments watching her where I said to myself, “wow I had the same experience.”

2.       She’s a real woman and not afraid to show the world.

I give major props to someone that can walk around naked on TV, take heat for it in the entertainment world and still keep on flaunting it.

3.       Lena opens our eyes to how terrible and scary going out into the real world can be.

Let’s face it, after college the majority of us are poor and take shitty jobs just to stay alive. I speak from experience. Also like Lena, we quit said jobs half a dozen times.

4.       Girls shows us how we would really act if money were an imaginary thing.


When Lena’s character breaks down on the show, cuts her hair and becomes a recluse for a month you stop and think, “if I could get away with that I would in a heartbeat.” It’s like the unpaid vacation from out shitty jobs were aren’t allowed to take to begin with.


And Finally….

5.       She’s kicking ass and taking names by producing and starring in her work.

Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment